Vintage Creek House, Mill Valley • $1,895,000
A rare opportunity presents itself in the offering of one of Mill Valley’s most iconic residences, aptly named “The Creek House”. The 1926 classic cottage style residence has been thoughtfully renovated with timeless, high end finishes throughout. Lovely moldings, high ceilings, double hung windows, Doug Fir floors, and multiple other period details grace this +-2,523 square foot home. The outstanding chef’s kitchen, oversized dining room, and cozy but large living room have been the subject of multiple television and print advertising mediums. The 5 bedroom, 2 bath residence offers a versatile floor plan with options for home offices and a lovely guest suite. Perfectly placed site on a completely level lot, the outdoor living spaces include a fenced in, private front courtyard area, mature vegetable gardens, fruit trees, bucolic grove of Redwood trees, multiple flat areas for child’s play, and an expansive creekside area that is ideal for entertaining or relaxing. The coveted walk to town location offers easy access to the famed Dipsea Trail, multiple areas for hiking and biking, and immediate access to Mill Valley’s many famed shops and restaurants.
- Fabulous enclosed porch functions as a secondary living room. This vintage room is idea for relaxing or can be turned into a second dining area for large gatherings.
- Beautifully appointed living room offers a gas fireplace, aged brick surround, and Douglas Fir antique flooring.
- Grand scale dining room opens to the living room. Ideal for entertaining large groups.
- A true “chef’s kitchen” has been completely renovated and offers the following: Concrete counters with butcher block insert; Heath tile backsplash; high end, Viking wine refrigerator, refrigerator, and range; Kangen water system (an oxygen enriched supernal alkaline based water system), Bead board back splash, custom chalkboard paint, all opening to a large deck with a barbecue.
- Guest suite with extensive built ins overlooks the rear yard and gardens.
- Lovely vintage restored bathroom offers a pedestal sink and shower over the tub.
- Lovely bedroom, currently being used as an office, overlooks the rear yard and gardens.
- Exquisite master suite offers an enormous walk in closet that has custom built ins and and a vanity. The master suite was completely renovated with a natural wood backsplash, and opens directly to the bucolic rear gardens and seasonal creek.
- Outstanding newer Heath tile bathroom offers a lovely custom vanity, huge walk in shower, high end, Grohe fixtures and a Carrera marble floor.
- Lovely bedroom, ideal as a nursery, overlooks the rear yard and gardens.
- Grand scale bedroom can easily accommodate two children. This room offers custom, double twin beds, ample storage and desk area.
- Fully fenced
- Automatic skylight with remote control in kitchen for optimal ventilation and light
- Fully landscaped front and rear gardens with automatic drip irrigation and custom lighting
- Oversize one car detached garage
- Ample storage throughout
5 Bedrooms | 2 Bath | +- 2,523 sf Sq Ft | +- 8,800 sf Lot Size